How to Choose a Public Adjuster
What criteria should I look for in a Public Adjustment firm?
Answer: Two things are equally important...
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are they able to supply references that are relevant to both the size and type of loss you have?
- Are the references they use their actual references? Or do they belong to another firm they are affiliated with through a franchise or other agreement?
- Do they belong to National or Regional Associations in their industry? (example NAPIA – National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters)
- Do they belong to other associations relevant to the industry? (Better Business Bureau, BOMA – Building Owners & Managers Association)
- Are they licensed to do business in your state?
- Are the people that will be involved with your claim employees of the company? Or do they hire 3rd party contractors and/or accountants?
Does every type of loss need a Public Adjuster?
No, but it is always a good idea to at least speak with a Public Adjuster regarding your loss. NFA offers a No Fee and No Obligation review of your loss and insurance policy; an honest evaluation. If we believe your loss does not require our assistance, we will be more than forthcoming with that information.